Best casinos to play roulette online
Playing roulette online is a great way to relax, watch the action and have a fun time. If you want to play roulette online without having to worry about finding a place to play or waiting in line, there are many options available.
In Bonusroller.Com, we look at some of the best casinos to play roulette online. We explain all the roulette rules and list best roulette bonuses.
Check best casinos below, read more information about playing roulette or read info about different roulette strategies.
Roulette: The Basics of the Game and How to Win
Roulette is one of the most exciting casino games. It’s fast-paced and unpredictable, which makes it difficult to predict the outcome of each round. However, that also means there are opportunities for skilled players to exploit the house-edge and increase their winnings. This article will cover everything you need to know about roulette: its history, variants, betting strategies, and how to win at roulette. The origins of roulette can be traced back to the 18th century when European gamblers would spin a metal ball on a square game board with numbered pockets called a “roue” (French for “wheel”). Each player would place bets on where the ball would land, and these early versions contained no house edge or red/black rules. This modern version of roulette has become one of the most famous casino games in history. Let’s take a look at how this fast-paced game works!
Who Created Roulette?
The origins of roulette are a little bit of a mystery. According to most historians, the roulette wheel developed out of the French game “la boule,” which used a ball on a numbered grid to determine luck. By the 18th century, the growing popularity of casinos across Europe led to the development of various new gambling games. One of these was called “roulette”, which used a spinning wheel with numbers on its edge to determine a player’s luck. The original roulette game didn’t have a zero, a double zero, or a house edge. It wasn’t until the 19th century that French casinos added the zero to the spinning roulette wheel. From there, the roulette game spread throughout the world as French colonialists brought their culture to distant lands. The game eventually became a staple of casinos in the US, Europe, and the Caribbean.
The Basics of Roulette
As noted above, the origins of roulette can be traced back to the 18th century. The modern version of roulette is a game where players place bets on the outcome of a spinning wheel. Let’s take a closer look at how roulette works:
- The Spin: The first step of a roulette game is the spin. A croupier spins a wheel that contains 37 numbered pockets (numbered from 0 to 36). A small ball sits in one of the numbered pockets of the wheel and stops where it lands.
- The Table: Next, the croupier places the roulette table. This table is a grid that is divided into two halves: The left side is called “win” and the right is called “lose”.
- The Deal: Once the table is ready, the croupier collects all the bets from the players and arranges them into stacks.
- The Pay Out: The croupier then deals out the winning bets from the left side of the table. The losing bets remain on the right side of the table.
- The Drop: Finally, the croupier drops the ball into the spinning wheel and it comes to rest in one of the numbered pockets.
Variations of Roulette
There are many variations of roulette that you can try in casinos around the world. Here are the most popular variations of roulette, including their house edge and special rules.
- French Roulette: One of the most popular versions of roulette is French roulette. It uses the single 0 wheel and has a house edge of 5.26%. French roulette is sometimes called “European roulette” because it was originally played in European casinos.
- American Roulette: Another popular version of roulette is American roulette, which uses the double 0 wheel. The American version has a house edge of just 1.35% and is played in most American casinos.
- European Roulette: The “European” version of roulette is known as single-zero roulette because it uses a single 0 wheel. The single-zero version has the same house edge as French roulette.
- Double-Zero Roulette: Then there’s double-zero roulette, which uses a double 0 wheel and a 1.35% house edge. The double-zero version is the most popular type of American roulette.
- Online Roulette: Casino roulette is a variation of European roulette where the player doesn’t have a choice about what type of wheel to play. Instead, the dealer decides whether the game is played with a single or double 0 wheel.
Betting Strategies for Roulette
One of the best ways to win at roulette is to employ a sound betting strategy during each round. Here are some of the most popular roulette betting strategies:
- The Martingale Strategy: One of the most well-known roulette strategies is the martingale betting strategy. It’s a progression system where each consecutive bet must be twice as much as the previous one. For example, a player would bet $10 on red, lose, then bet $20 on red, lose again, and so on until they win. The martingale strategy is risky because it relies on a win being triggered by the same colour.
- Columns Bets: You can also employ a more strategic approach to roulette by betting on columns rather than numbers. This is a good tactic for roulette newcomers because you don’t have to memorize the numbers on the wheel.
- The One-Two-Two Strategy: The one-two-two strategy is similar to the columns strategy in that it’s more strategic than a numbers-based approach. It involves betting on the first two columns on the table.
- The Parlay Strategy: A final roulette strategy is the parlay strategy. It involves placing several bets on different numbers and/or columns.
How to Win at Roulette?
After reading about the different roulette games and betting strategies, you might be wondering how to win at roulette. Fortunately, it’s easier than you might think!
- Start Small: If you’re new to roulette, you should start off with a small bet. The most common bet size is $5, but you can increase your bet size as you get more experience.
- Look Out for Good Odds: You can’t win every round of roulette no matter how good your strategy is. Instead, you should look out for good odds that give you the best chance of winning. For example, a single-zero wheel with even odds (red/black) has a 1.35% house edge.
- Be Strategic: A good roulette strategy will enable you to capitalize on the best odds at the table. You can find a range of strategies in this article.
- Track Your Progress: Finally, it’s important to track your progress so you can see which strategies are working for you. You can use a roulette spreadsheet to track your results over time.
Roulette is a game of chance that can be difficult to predict. However, it also has plenty of opportunities for skilled players to exploit the house-edge and increase their winnings.
This article covered everything you need to know about roulette, including its origins, rules, and how to win at roulette.
Remember that for playing roulette online, you can use various deposit methods. Players from Canada prefer Interac-casinos. Players from Finland in the other hand recommend Zimpler casino, Siirto casinos (Siirto kasinot) or Apple Pay casino. If you like other payment methods, you can find more options from the casinos listed on our website.